Monday, September 10, 2012

Never Ever Forgotten

It has been 9 and 5 years since you each had to leave.  Still, I miss you more every day.  I want you to still be here.  I want you here to tell me it will be okay.  That I will make it through.  You two really were the best  people ever to have in my life.

I wish that I could have just one more hour with you both.  Give you one last hug.  Have one last talk.  Take from you the words of wisdom and strength that I need to get through this mess I currently call life.  I know that it will get better.  I have been surrounding myself with good people.  People who I am thankful for.  Also, I have you two and my brother watching over me.  You all keep me safe and are taking good care of my child.  I hope one day you send that child back to me.  Until then, thank you for watching over us.

Grandma, I want you to know that I have your feisty little German woman attitude.  I guess that was bound to happen with all the time I spent with you.  I still walk through the perfume section at Hudson's and always stop to smell Shalimar.  It was the one that you wore I liked the best.  Every now and again, I make sure I do the "Queen Wave".  I didn't get your love for shoes.  Instead, I got a love for purses.  Thanks Amelda.  That can be a pricey habit I could have lived without. lol.  I miss your chop suey.  I haven't had anything like it since you have been gone.  That is okay, cause I can still make Aunt Del's rolls.

Grandpa, Papa, I want you to know that I have your patience.  It takes a lot for me to tell some off but when I do they deserve it.  I must say, even though I use all the same ingredients and try to use the same amount of each, I can never quite master the peanut butter cracker they way you did.  I think it is missing the love you always added to it.  Also, i have to tell you, I love to tell the story of when you let me ride the tractor down the road and I and the seat fell off the tractor.  Still the tractor went down the road and you were laughing so hard you couldn't come help.  I also remember combing your hair.  I even remember the one time in the car that you got pulled over because I was standing and combing.  Then there were all the trips to the Patio.  I remember I always came home with something.  Even if it was a roll of paper towel.  The Patio is still there but it just isn't the same.

I thank you both for all that you provided me with in my life.  All that you taught me.  For letting my knock the garage off the foundation. (Sorry Papa). For making me the strong person that I am.  Without you guys I am sure that I wouldn't have survived life this far.  I hope that I made you proud while you were here.  I know that you made me proud.  Miss you still and always will.  Love you Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment